Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Male Posts : 453

When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 6:39 am

[[lolololol]]

Parker didn't know why neither of them could just walk away form this. Well, while Parker had disappeared, it wasn't walking away and settling things between them, if anything it made things more complicated. Time had only made things worse. But he couldn't ever just give up on her, he always wanted to be there for her. he could take her anger, her spark, her fire...quite literally. Hell, some people at the hospital were even surprised with his tolerance to heat and fire. While he may have classified his disappearance as a seperate thing from walking away, she might not have seen it that way...and that hurt him. The fact he had never been able to explain why before hand...it hurt. But all the pain now didn't matter. He could take it until it killed him.

While he knew the question would get to her, he hadn't expected that huge of a reaction. But...that was a good thing. She knew the feeling well, even if it killed him to know it was because of him, and she needed to know what she'd be doing to them. If she didn't care about her husband, then at least her kid. God, he was still so angry about the name. He saw something in her face chance though, and it worried him. He wanted to ask her why she was so hesitant about it, hold her close and tell her everyone was going to be okay...but as a healer he'd learned not to say things and make promises that were so uncertain. So the words couldn't come, only his actions.

After leaning out, he stared back at her. Seeing the complete and utter shock in her face. Was this not what she wanted? Feeling her grip loosen, he tightened his, afraid she'd slip out of his hand and out of his life forever now. What a stupid fucking mistake he made. One after another, and he just kept making worse ones. But he was too far gone now, too far fallen for her and he was holding everything and a stupid fucking kiss he should have had the guts and brains to give her so many years ago. His voice barely came past as a whisper "Pyxis...I'll go with you, just- just tell them. In person. Please..." He couldn't go one to say that he just wanted every last string tied off so he could just have her. Only her. No doubts left in either of their minds no matter how poor a match they actually were for one another. He couldn't dare to think of letting her go now. Never.
Back to top Go down
http://diagnosingdisease.tumblr.com
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson
British - Pureblood - Professor & OOTP

Female Posts : 278

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:54 am

[[Anniekins showed me this, and I just had to share it with you cause I know I won't see you before you go to work and ngouerng can you imagine Parker asking Pyxis that? xD http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m78pcvKNdK1rafymyo1_500.gif ]]

Why couldn't she just let go? Let him leave her life. It would've been so easy to help him gather his stuff, then smiled as if she'd never known him and walked away. She should've done that, but deep down inside she knew that she didn't want that. She wanted him, all to herself with no PJ and no husband to worry about. She was a selfish bitch, she'd come to terms with that and she honestly didn't care. She felt a low ache in her head build up from the amount of thoughts and emotions she was feeling. He brought out the worst and the best in her, she didn't even know how to handle it. She couldn't. She could never handle her emotions, and just when she'd thought she was slowly regaining control of them - or able to manage them better - she'd bumped into him and it had all gone out the window. She could feel the magic build up in her just as she let her anger and all those other emotions gnaw away at her, almost glad for the familiar feeling. The burning that ran through her body, and she clenched her hands shut, watching small amounts of smoke drift through the air.

She pushed it away and felt lonely without her immense power at hand. She hadn't ever mastered it though, so she would never use it. She'd never wanted to practise without Parker there, he always calmed her down. Parker, oh god why did she have to need him so much? She looked back over at him, and then away again. Damn, she hated love. It was an evil, twisted bastard that had ruined her life so far. She just wanted to be happy, but she couldn't be happy. Not now, not ever, not with him absent from her life. She made her mind up right then and there that she was going to argue with him until he finally gave in and let her back in his life. He owed her that much, they'd been best friends for 7 long years and she'd loved him since 4th year. Had a crush on him since 2nd. All because of that Durmstrang boy that it turned out her sister had married. She would've smiled at the irony, but the situation didn't need her smiling at a random thought.

She shut her eyes, trying to collect her wild, racing thoughts as her heart pounded loudly in her ears. Could he hear it? Dear Merlin she hoped not. She felt his hand tighten around hers, and she gripped back just as tightly as she began to regain her thoughts. She heard his voice, and the words took a while to sink in. Could she have him all to herself after that? He had kissed her after all, that had to mean he felt something for her. She felt a smile toy at the edges of her lips, even though she knew she really shouldn't be smiling right now. She managed to stop it before it could spread, and she opened her eyes to stare up at him. She didn't care that he was poisonous for her, that they just shouldn't go together. She'd wanted him since she was a 14 year old girl, and she wasn't about to let him go now. "O-Okay," she said, her voice soft. "But, can you promise-promise me something?" She looked down at the floor. "Stay with me." She whispered, lifting her head and hoping he'd understand what she meant. Not just now, not just for a few days, but forever. She then lifted her free hand and grabbed the collar of his shirt, tugging him down to gently brush her lips against his once more.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:23 am

[[Uhm, this needs to happen. Not even kidding. seflkejrgt. that is amazing. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3b9okA4sU1r4ljtso1_500.jpg here are pictures i need to share with you also. just- fffefetg look at him. Precious. I imagine that like late 5th/ 6th year when he was actually kind of outgoing and might have hung out with other people and did things and parties i dont even knowfsdvgfth]]

Her anger and emotions were so strong they were nearly tangible. With his trained sensitivity to magic, he was especially perceptive of hers. He always had been able to sense the changes so easily. Maybe it was part of what would get him riled up, he could always feel and feed off her emotions... talk about empathy. Though feeling that familiar tug on his chest would have been relieving if it weren't almost painful. Taking in a slow deep breath to keep his own feelings repressed, he thought he could smell smoke and he looked down to her hands instinctively, sure enough seeing that her emotions were, in fact, becoming tangible. In fire, in smoke. Still he found it so amazing and unique, though he never sought out as to why her and her sister had seemed like the only ones who could do that. It was part of the mystery that was Pyxis, and it was a mystery that felt like shouldn't be pursued.

He wondered if she had tried to work on it anymore, a part of him hoped so. What were those countless hours of enduring those burns and scalds for then? Well, sure, time with her, but having power like that, it should make a person more confident and happy right? And that's all he ever wanted for her. Whether he was part of that picture didn't matter anymore.

Being so close to her and already so tuned into her magic and strong emotions, he could practically feel the pulse of her magic with each heartbeat. Wild and racing. And he wondered if he'd made some tremendous mistake. But any worry he felt was thrown to the wind as he saw the slightest of smiles tug at her lips, one just like it spreading softly on his features, though there was still a grave seriousness in his eyes. He could feel how his own heart had sped up in the past few moments and realized the little distance between him and her, which made him a bit more nervous. Though when she stuttered out how she wanted him to stay with her, he could have sworn his heart skipped a few beats. He felt his throat go dry as he tried to sort out the meaning in his head. Of course he'd not let her to deal with her husband or child alone, nor would he just disappear after that. He couldn't fathom it now, he was too far gone staring into those blue-grey eyes that captivated him the first time they met. And that blond hair that stuck out in the moonlight that night so many years ago it felt like a dream now. As she reached up to tug down on his collar, one of his hands moved to behind her neck into her hair as the other rested lightly on her back as he kissed her back, though he was the first to full back from it again. He closed his eyes, starting to feel himself tremble. "It's late. You need some place to stay for tonight so you- we...can go deal with things tomorrow..." he said in an almost whisper, swallowing and making his dry throat sting.

Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:52 pm

[[Um, yes. It does need to happen. Like, I don't even care how, but it has to happen. xD OMFG ANDY STOP BEING ADORABLE I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE HOW AMAZINGLY AWESOME HE IS AND ngoerug yesssssss omfg yes... omfg, I almost wrote 'Jawn' instead of 'Parker' three times xD]]

Pyxis reached up her hands and rubbed at her temples, trying to just control it. Control what? She didn't even fucking know anymore. She wanted to throw something, she wanted to curl up in a ball and sob, she wanted to yell and scream at him, she wanted to talk things through like a normal person - she just... she didn't want to feel so bottled up inside. It wasn't good for anyone to bottle up their emotions, but Pyxis? With the lack of emotional stability in her brain, it was a train-wreck just waiting to happen. She could feel her heart throbbing painfully against her rib-cage as the room began to spin. She clutched at the door behind her, holding herself up-right. Her legs wobbled slightly, and for a few moments in time she thought she was going to be sick all over the floor. She bit her lip and looked back up at Parker, pulling her hand away from the wall as the world spun back into focus. She shook her head and rubbed at her head again. She moved back into her previous position.

She felt her hands smoke and she looked down at them, wincing slightly and shutting it off. The burning heat evaporated almost instantly and she tried to relax her mind, relax her position. She took another deep breath and in the back of her mind, made a note to practise more often. Heck, her husband didn't even know she had any powers because she didn't practise at all. Not without Parker.

His proximity affected her more than it ever had when she was just a young school-girl, because her love for him had only grown and matured the years he was gone, strangely enough. Not to mention the fact that he'd just kissed her, and she was still slightly in shock. Which added to the fact that she was more willing to agree to anything that he said, because her mind was fuzzy and a giddy feeling has built inside of her, that was still tainted by the serious gravity of this situation. She looked back up at him and saw the soft smile on his face, her own growing for a moment and in that space of time, she felt at peace with the world. There was no anger, no pain, there was just calm, and then it all came crashing back down on her and her smile faded away once more. Just breathe, she told herself softly. She fiddled with her fingers and tried to think about what she would have to do - tomorrow, to get it over with as soon as possible. She didn't want Parker to be there, but then she did, and she felt so goddamn confused. After several seconds of weighing up the pro's and con's, she'd decided that it would be better if Parker was with her. For her own comfort, and so she'd feel safe. Her husband could have violent outbursts on occasion, and she really didn't feel like getting hit by him again. Her fingers moved to her cheek where a bruise had recently healed up, before they slid away once more. She felt warm tingles travel up and down her spine as his hand rested on her back, and a shiver travelled through her. She gripped his collar tightly for a moment, a hand rested on his forearm before he pulled away and she dropped back down onto her heels. "Right, yes, sleep. Okay." She nodded her head in a daze and stared at him intensely.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 6:33 pm

[[Ahahaha that's okay, I do that too sometimes. rgfklrjghtyh]]

Despite the fact that he felt like he was being crushed, he had never felt so light or so surh of anything in his life before. Sure, it took him what, nearly 20 years to figure it out, which he hated himself for be he was so, so happy to have her within his grasp again. His head was spinning and he felt like he was going to throw up, but it didn't matter. He might actually be happy. For the first time in who knows how long. He wanted to laugh, something about this all felt like some sort of sickly, tragic and poorly written love story.

The way she looked at him just stopped time and space. Despite all that talk of how terrible they were for each other, there was also no one better for him. She made him decent, and he just wanted to be able to make her happy. That's all. That's it. He'd go to the ends of the earth, quit this job he loved, anything for her. He could tell she was thinking, nervous about having to face them. But he wouldn't let her do what he did to her. Not to her kid. He didn't give a fuck about her husband, there was something about him in those few moments he saw him that he did not like in the slightest, and it wasn't jealousy.

One hand resting on his arm and the other gripping his collar as he leaned out, he didn't really know what to do next. She couldn't just go home. He lightly bit down on his lip as he took in a deep breath, his fingers running through her hair. He stared back into her eyes for a moment before drawing them down to the ground again, resting his hand on her shoulder, though his other hand was still resting on her waist somewhat awkwardly, as if he didn't know what to do with it. "I-I'd offer my place, but...you know. I...I can't." he stuttered. "Uhm, there's a place right around here. I'll pay for the room for you if you want...?" He offered, though, he was resolved to do it anyway. "I've got a shift tonight so I'll be here..."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:18 am

Pyxis had never felt so completely dwarfed by her emotions in her entire life. And this time, her negativity was accompanied with positive emotions too. She was so happy that he was in her life again, so happy that she could look at him, reach out and touch him, talk to him - even if they mostly just fought and yelled at one another. He wasn't just some sick, twisted figment of her imagination, he was real, living and breathing and just existing. She didn't even care that they were like characters in some some weird, twisted love story.

She didn't even care that most of the time they'd fight, bicker, argue and want to just scream at the top of their lungs at each other, because she knew there would be good moments too. Like right now, just feeling his hand on her waist, her own hand holding onto his arm and one still holding his collar in a loose grip. She'd never been so happy in her entire life. And so sad at the same time. Standing with him, feeling overly joyful, she wanted to just forget about what she'd have to do tomorrow. She realised she didn't care about saying goodbye to Marcello, but PJ? He was her son, and though she didn't love him as much as a mother should, she still loved him.

She released his collar as her cheeks coloured just the slightest, barely even noticeably. She tightened her grip on his arm for a moment, before she slackened her grasp and smiled at him. She felt his fingers run lightly through her hair and she bit down on her lip, her eyes tearing away from his and they both looked down at the ground simultaneously. She took a deep breath and felt the very light blush fade away from her cheeks as she looked back up at him, her mind cleared now. She reached up her hand which had previously gripped his collar and placed it over his hand on her shoulder. "That's alright," she added quickly. "I have a place to stay tonight..." She looked down at the floor again, and then lifted her head to stare at him. "I should go, i'll see you tomorrow. Where... where should we... meet..."
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:50 am

Parker felt his breath hitch slightly as she seemed to be pulling away, though feeling her tightening grip on his arm was reassuring to the idea that this was, in fact, actually happening. This was real. He swallowed, taking in every moment. His hands lightly going over her hair as she let go. And he then lowered his hand from her waist, though he still felt just as awkward. She seemed just as surprised and unsure and confused about all of this as he felt, so it was a bit of a reassurance. Though the sigh she gave sounded like a huge weight had been lifted off her and he knew he felt the same. He had always felt the same.

His eyes had remained to the ground until she reached up and placed her hand over his. He looked concerned despite that she said it was alright and she had a place. "Are you sure?" he asked softly, letting the question hang in the air as she looked down, then back up at him. "Meet me back here..whenever you want. I'll tell the woman at the front desk and she'll get me when you get here. we'll figure out the plan then." He then dropped his hand from her shoulder, his eyes going to the ground again as he nodded. "But yeah, get a good rest, alright..."
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:21 am

Pyxis could only stare at him with an intense look on her face, clearly showing that she was thinking hard about something. That something, was the situation she now found herself in. In the back of her mind, she acknowledged that she'd just cheated on her husband but she really couldn't care less. She'd never felt so full of love, yet sadness at the same time. She was nervous for tomorrow. She pulled her hand away from his forearm and ran it through her hair. "Parker, I-" She started, but stopped herself and looked down, shaking her head. "Nevermind." She muttered.

She squeezed his hand on her shoulder tightly, feeling a strange sense of comfort over the simple gesture. She smiled at him and nodded her head. She didn't like to depend on people, even if it was Parker and she used to depend on him a lot during school. When he'd left, she'd become incredibly independent and it would take a while before she learned to allow someone to help her out now and then. "I'll be here early,: she said without even thinking about it. She knew she'd find it hard to sleep tonight. "I love you," she whispered, squeezing his hand against before she stepped back towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:00 am

Parker just stared back at her, not wanting to pull his eyes away just yet. He let out his breath as she pulled away, tugging her hand through her hair in the way that told him she was bothered or thinking hard about something. Both hands were at his sides and he watched as she shook her head, just accepting her 'nevermind' even though he wanted to hear every single word that ever came from her mouth. Whatever it was could wait. As much as he didn't want her to go, she looked like she needed rest and he needed to work.

"Alright, and I'll be here. Try to get some sleep..." Knowing her though, it wasn't likely. He hoped he could stay focused on his work tonight... He squeezed her hand back as she stepped back to the door. "I love you too." He replied back, right away, as if he didn't even need to think about it. Never had those words so easily come to him...
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:07 am

Pyxis hardly slept at all after going to see Parker. She'd curled up on the bed and stared up at the cracked ceiling, often bursting into fits of tears or thinking with a fond smile of Parker. She hugged her pillow close to her body, feeling lonelier and more frightened than she'd ever been in her entire life. What if Marcello tried to hurt Parker? What about PJ? He was her son... How could she leave him? She let out a croaky sob and buried her face against her pillow, trying hard to battle the thoughts that plagued her mind. She just wanted nothing to do with her son, or her husband, and it shocked her. Mother's love was all bullshit to her, PJ was alright, yes, and she was fond of him but she didn't care for him that much.

Before Pyxis knew it, she'd glanced at the clock and it was 5am. She rolled over and shut her eyes, trying hard to sleep. But as it had been throughout the entirety of the night, the moment she felt sleepy she'd think of what she was to do and her eyes would snap back open. Her body would tense and she'd be un-able to sleep. She was so tired that she didn't even feel... well, tired. She rolled over again and swung her legs over the side of the bed, stretching her arms out and standing up. She showered and dressed, then brushed her hair and stared at her bloodshot eyes. She really shouldn't stay up all night crying. She drank several glasses of suspicious looking water and tried talking. Her voice sounded weary, but she knew she couldn't avoid that.

Pyxis was scared. She didn't want to go see Marcello and PJ, she just wanted to run away with Parker and never come back. She rubbed her temples as she twirled on the spot and flicked her wand, apparating to St. Mungo's. She walked through the doors and straight to the elevator. It took ages in her mind, but finally she reached Parker's office at the lovely time of 5:43am. She turned the door handle and pushed the door open, quietly stepping inside.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:16 am

Parker felt distracted the whole night. It was the first time in a long time he actually felt tired and worn out. Sleep had never sounded so good and it was weird because sleep had never been an escape for him. The past however many years he'd been plagued with regretful memories of leaving and terrifying dreams of his childhood. The calming buzz of utter exhaustion and fatigue was all that seemed to lull out the fading memories. There weren't the bad ones anymore, nor the good ones. He had just been living as a husk of a person. Unfeeling, cold, calculated, and to have all that emotion thrust upon him again so suddenly and without warning practically put his body into shock. For the first time in years he had to take a pepper-up potion, and even then he found himself dozing and sagging and mentally elsewhere.

He'd been anxiously watching the clock for hours, trying to make sure he got through all his duties before he left to his office. He pulled the curtain closed around the patient's bed and dispelled the glove charm as he started to walk down the ER hall. There had been a particularly nasty incident that night that had three young men dead and another four close to it if the the rest of the team didn't pick up their god damn pace. There had been nothing more he personally could do, and in his distracted state most the others had already told him to go home and rest. As he pushed through the double doors to the main hall, his co-worker and the other head of the department popped out of nowhere, grabbing his sleeve and insisting that they have a meeting before he left. He had tried to tell her he'd talk to her another time, but it only upset her since he always put off their meetings. Who could blaime him? She was a pushy bitch that tried to get any moment alone with him she could and he really was not in the mood to handle that right now, especially since Pyxis would be on her way any moment.

But she continued to insist and followed him to his office, He sighed and stopped suddenly, turning around on his heal when he got to his door. He told her again he'd talk later. She was having none of that though and pushed past him, walking into his office as she pulled him along by the sleeve. She stopped a few paces in, spotting Pyxis. Parker noticed her a few seconds later, perked up and pulling his arm from his coworker's grip. As she started to ask who the hell Pyxis was, Parker had grabbed her by the shoulders and firmly shoved her out telling her 'later.' He locked the door, groaning and pinching the bridge of his nose as he leaned against his door. "Tonight has been absolute hell..." he muttered.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:52 am

Pyxis was so exhausted, she'd never wanted to sleep more than she did in that moment and she'd never wanted to sleep less. Though she was so utterly tired, her mind was too active and buzzing to relax enough that she'd be able to fall asleep. This annoyed her a lot, though everything annoyed Pyxis so none who knew her well would really be surprised. She gripped her head and willed it to stop thinking so much, to stop over-analysing everything and to just relax. She rubbed at her eyes and yawned, feeling the sleepiness tug at her mind once more, begging her to just catch up on a few z's. But then, her mind would leap back into action and be all over the place with so many different thoughts again. She groaned in frustration and resigned herself to stop trying to get sleep and just be active.

As she walked to Parker's office, she noticed that the hospital was actually quite active for so early in the morning. She wasn't even sure why this surprised her, it shouldn't. It was a hospital, a patient's sickness didn't sleep. She felt a surge of sadness for all the people dying here and she wondered how on earth Parker could work in a place like this. Though, she reasoned that she was such an over-emotional person that just shutting them off would be quite hard. She could mask her emotions with much difficulty, but actually shutting them off altogether? That was a skill that she would never be able to master, therefore she wouldn't even bother trying. She'd always found it scary how healer's, medi-wizards, doctors, whatever could just shut it all off. Not get upset when a child died whilst they tried to save them.

With a shake of her head, she pushed his door open and yawned again. Seeing that he wasn't there, she shut it behind her and walked partway into the room. She was going to lean against his desk and wait for him as her eyes drooped slightly, when the door opened behind her and she turned around in a movement so fast the world swam before her. She blinked several times as everything came back into focus and was surprised - and a little confused - about what she saw. The lady looked desperate or something, and then startled when she saw Pyxis as she asked Parker who she was. Parker shoved her out and immediately Pyxis crossed her arms with a raised eyebrow, tiredness gone. "Who was that?" She asked in a soft voice that would've been filled with grumpiness had she not been too tired to even try to show that she wasn't happy. Though her eyes probably showed that for her.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Parker didn't know how he could live so closed up for so long. It wasn't as if he was a ticking time bomb or anything either, like most people got when they held things in. There was just... nothing. Being surrounded by death and disease helped to keep that numbness. There were the times everyone that worked as a healer had to shut down, otherwise you'd get too emotional and couldn't do your job. but there were the times you had to try to joke around and be more light hearted so you didn'y get stuck in a shut off mindset. And they all had their break downs...be it because a little kid got tangled and suffocated in some devil's snare, or because the young wife that had come running and screaming when she heard her auror husband had been murdered, or because the old man who died a few hours after his wife of 60 years because every moment without her was far too agonizing.

When he had been trying to lose his co-worker on the way to his office, he had glanced down the rehabilitation ward...he had wanted to slip in really quick before seeing Pyxis, but there was no chance for that now. His co-worker always hated him concentrating on those patients, telling him that he needed to focus on ER, not druggies. But he couldn't help but worry about those people, something about them did pull at his heart. He remembered the only two times he had cried while on the job. The first was saying goodbye when one of their longest staying members in the program had finally made it out to live his life...and the second was a few months later when he was wheeled back in, dead, overdosed.

As he slumped against the door of his office, rubbing his eyes, he was overcome with that exhaustion and felt like he was about to collapse. He lowered his hand and shook his head to try to wake himself up. He stood up from the door and walked towards his desk. "My co-captain of the ER shift. Won't leave me the hell alone..." he said quietly as he threw away some papers on his desk. "How are you...? You didn't sleep." he said glancing at her, able to feel how tired she was. He yawned slightly, putting another stack of papers in a bag of his before slinging it over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Pyxis Wilson
Pyxis Wilson

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:30 pm

[[I FORGOT AND RANDOMLY WAS SCROLLING DOWN AND WAS LIKE o.o AND CLICKED AND WAS LIKE HOLYFUCKKKKKK]]

Pyxis immediately felt concern over-whelm her at how exhausted he looked. It was obvious from just a simple once-over that he hadn't slept a wink - though she couldn't talk, she hadn't slept either. She shook her head and tilted it slightly to the side in curiosity. What did his co-worker want from him? Deciding she didn't have the energy to press the matter, she yawned and then shrugged her shoulders lightly. "Okay." Was all she could think to say in response as her eyes trailed down to the floor. It suddenly looked like a very comfortable place to curl up in a ball and sleep, but she knew that a) that would be incredibly weird, and b) the moment she shut her eyes she'd feel the guilt engulf her and would be rendered un-able to sleep. She shut her eyes for a moment and rubbed at her temples, willing the exhaustion to go away. She was both emotionally and now physically exhausted. As if this wasn't hard enough already, she had to be un-able to sleep no matter how tired she was.

Sometimes, Pyxis wondered if the universe just hated her and wanted her to be so utterly miserable she curled up into a ball and cried. She knew it was ridiculous to speculate such things, but nonetheless her life hadn't exactly been fun so far. She shouldn't complain, but that was something she did. She liked to complain. At his comment that she hadn't slept, she raised an eyebrow and could think of several things to say back, but they were all rude and she didn't want to be cruel to him. It wasn't fair to take out how exhausted and frustrated she was on the one person who was just trying to be a support for her. Pyxis yawned and rubbed at her eyes tiredly, as if to prove his point though she hadn't done it on purpose. Just the word tired made her feel like sleeping.

"Neither did you," she responded softly, looking concerned. "I could lie and say i'm fine, but i'm really shit at the moment. I'm exhausted, stressed, worried, tired, and scared." She sighed and shook her head slightly. "How are you? Did you stay up all night with your patients?" She rocked back on her heels and in an absent-minded manner began to comb her fingers through her hair as she waited for a response from him whilst watching him put a stack of papers in his bag and sling it over his shoulder. Merlin, she felt another random jolt of fear at what she'd have to do today and a sudden, intense feeling of nausea washed over her.
Back to top Go down
Parker Emery
Parker Emery
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:53 am

As he was getting ready to leave, he looked up at her, taking in just how exhausted and distracted and upset she seemed to be. He sighed, walking back around to his desk, taking out a vial from a locked drawer. Things wouldn't go well if neither of them could focus. They needed to have their head in it and know what they needed to get done otherwise Parker had a feeling that things would go very terribly wrong.

He held the vial up, showing her it as he uncapped it. "Here, take a drink of this, it'll help..." he said softly, taking a small drink of it for himself before handing it over with a grimace. "It's really bitter, but we need to be awake and focused."

He looked down at his desk, picking up an enchanted quill and putting that in his bag too."Yeah...I usually get an hour break where I sleep but we had a huge emergency come in and I couldn't leave..."

He knew she probably didn't have the energy to even bother worrying or caring about him, but he didn't look up at her again, not wanting her to see that he was slightly shaken. It wasn't often something in the ER could get him riled up or upset, but he was already having a bad night, and the extent of the damage done just tipped him a little bit more over the edge. He didn't know how hard this would be for her, but he could only imagine. But he didn't want to...he just wanted to be selfish and go off with her and just be happy for once in his damned life, but if she didn't do this he'd not be able to live with himself. Hell, he wasn't sure he'd be able to even if this happened. It was all so fucked up of him to do this...

he felt an ache in his chest, but it wasn't the painful one he was so used to. It was just light..and nervous. He had no clue what to expect. "Shall we go then?"
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)   When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

When You Look At Me (Pyx & Parks)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2