Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Thanks for visiting our site, but sadly this forum is no longer active... Sad
Site Closed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Closed

It was fun while it lasted <3

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Running Up That Hill (An HP RP Site)
Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 am by Eldred Bennet

» Luna Vermiculus University
Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am by Shadow Craven

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever
Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am by Roxanne Conner

» Hogwartsanewage
Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 pm by Silvanus Snape

» Character Request
Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm by Roxanne Zakrevsky

» You Again (Lars and Violet)
Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am by Lars Wilhelm

» Scent of Nature (Olivia & Humphrey)
Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm by Humphrey Williams

» So We Meet Again (Adolphe & Tess)
Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm by Adolphe Morel

» Time for Oneself (Albus and Tess)
Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am by Albus Fenwick

ChatBox

Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Deva H.V. White
Deva H.V. White

Female Posts : 258

Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie)   Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:39 am

Deva raised her eyebrows in surprise. "I live in the Caribbean," she said, grinning at the coincidence, "Well, when I'm not here at Hogwarts, of course," she added in an obvious tone. "And I agree. If I had lived my childhood in the Caribbean, I'd most likely say that I was from Caribbean too," she said softly, "It is most beautiful over there."

Deva didn't comment when he apologized to her. She'd heard it too much. She was pretty sick of those words, though at the same time, it made her feel better that people actually did care. "It is hard, yes," she said, "But I've learned to deal with it. The pain never lessened, but my body has adapted."

When he asked if she had any other siblings, her thoughts immediately shifted to Alcyone. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "Well, I do have someone I reckon as my sister. But she doesn't-" Deva stopped mid-sentence with a look of horror on her face. She then blinked and cleared her throat. "Nevermind," she said lowly, her voice a bit hoarse.

She took another sip from the butterbeer and looked at the clock. It was getting a bit late, but Deva didn't want to leave just yet. Even though she didn't know what to say anymore. She didn't feel uncomfortable, the concept of awkward silences were pretty much lost on her. She didn't mind the silences at all really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~gaarasdevil
Ace
Ace
British - Pureblood - Member of Dark Ones

PostSubject: Re: Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie)   Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:51 am

The redhead's surprise was mirrored in Ace's when she said she lived in the Caribbean. He would've asked her where, but he had a feeling that she wouldn't be willing to tell him. He'd be foolish to ask such a question. "Really? That's a pretty cool coincidence," he said with a grin himself. "And yes, it most definitely is a beautiful place," he added.

That's when he realized she was grinning at him. He blinked and his grin turned to a smirk. "See? I managed to make you grin. That's gotta give me some credits," he said wickedly.

The seriousness of the death of her parents was evident in her face, and it seemed like she was fed up with people giving her their condolences. He didn't take it back or make excuses for it though. It would be even worse if he totally overlooked it. "Yeah. It's a funny thing, death. You never really lose them, though you'll never see them again either," Ace said softly.

He hadn't lost many people in his life, but he'd been really close to his grandmother, and when she died, it had left him rather empty, at the same time as the pain of her loss kept her with him. He liked to think of it in that way at least.

He looked curiously at her as she stopped talking. "A good friend then?" he asked carefully, and then quickly added: "If it's too personal, you don't have to tell me." He didn't want her to leave, and he felt a bit of annoyance when she took a look at her watch. He was instantly relieved when she didn't rise and walk out though, in stead, just sat there in soft silence. It was actually a rather comfortable silence. He pretty much just looked at her.

"Do you come here often?" he asked. He knew it was a lame question, but he knew what to say to her if she asked why he'd ask.
Back to top Go down
Deva H.V. White
Deva H.V. White

PostSubject: Re: Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie)   Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:04 am

Deva was a tad relieved when he didn't ask her where she lived. She wouldn't have replied and it might have been a bit boring to not get to know anything from her. However, she wasn't about to tell him anything he didn't need to know. And what did he really have to know when it came to her. She easily landed on the word 'nothing'.

However, her grin widened slightly at his outburst when he realized she was grinning. "Aw, please. It wasn't even you that made me grin. I doubt you had anything to do with your family moving to the Caribbean when you were one month old," she pointed out with a short laughter.

Deva was surprised when he described death in that way. She found that she liked it. "Agreed," she said softly, "Though I don't think anyone's ever put it in that way before." She gave him a grateful smile. She then looked a bit more seriously at him. "Who did you lose?" she asked lowly, knowing that she was getting personal without really wanting to.

"A good friend. And it is a bit too personal, so let's just leave it at that," Deva said with a sigh.

She tilted her head to the side at his question, but didn't say anything about the suddenness of it. "Not too often. When I need time to think and be on my own," Deva merely said. Then she frowned. "Wait, that makes it pretty often," she added with a small smile. "Why?"
Back to top Go down
Ace
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie)   Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:17 am

Ace laughed at her. "Oh, come on! You have to give me a chance!" he said, laughing loudly. "And besides, why is it that I have to be the coincidence? As far as I know, I've lived in the Caribbean longer than you," he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Ace smiled at what she said. "I think people look too negatively on death, and I feel like I have to spread some light on the event. It's not supposed to be the ending of your life. It's supposed to be the beginning of something new. A second chance, if you will," he said calmly.

He didn't know how many people he'd killed over the years in the servitude of the Dark Ones, but he was pretty sure that they were all okay wherever they were. He didn't pity the dead. He pitied the living, including himself. He sighed and took a mouthful of the warm butterbeer.

He smiled slightly. "My grandmother," he said, "And I never knew either of my three other grandparents. But my parents are both alive and well." He then nodded at her statement. "All right then. We'll leave it at that," he said kindly.

Ace gave a more happy smile now. "You think a lot? I can imagine. You seem like a thinker," he said wickedly. He then grinned as she asked him why he wanted to know. "Because I might just want to see you again," he said.
Back to top Go down
Deva H.V. White
Deva H.V. White

PostSubject: Re: Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie)   Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:29 am

Deva grinned at Ace and shook her head. "Do I?" she asked. Then she shrugged. "I guess I have to give you that one. I've only lived in the Caribbean for six years," she admitted. She noticed the mischievous glint in his eyes that made her feel a bit giddy.

She felt a small smile on her lips as she listened to what he was saying about death. He seemed like a pretty smart guy. Because of this, she had a feeling he wouldn't be a problem to her. Not today, not in the future. But she had been wrong before, she wasn't about to start trusting him because he had a sensible look on death.

"Death is something people just don't know what is. And people fear the inevitably unknowing thing that is death. I don't. Not anymore. I once did, but it's gone now. Now, either I fall asleep forever, which I have a feeling would be very good, or I get to see the people I've lost again. Either way, both of the feats are welcomed," Deva said truthfully.

Deva nodded. "I'm sorry about that," she said. She frowned when he added that both his parents were well. She then titled her head to the side. "Just because I lost my parents does not make my loss greater than yours," she said softly, "It depends on the person who loses, and nothing more."

She grinned again. "I seem like a thinker? Is that a compliment? I'm gonna take it as one at least, and I have to say the same thing about you, oh wise 'I know death like the back of my pocket' sir," Deva joked. She then blinked. "You want to see me again?" she asked a bit dumbly. She then felt a flutter in her stomach. It had been way too long since she'd been on a date. It was about time she got a new one. "Why don't you just ask me out?" she then asked.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie)   Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting her (Deva and Ace + Valkyrie)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2